We use only an environmentally safe, biodegradable solution applied at LOW PRESSURE to insure a 100% kill ratio of algae, mold, moss, mildew and lichens. Our Soft Wash treatment is recommended by the ARMA (Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association) and GAF, North America’s largest shingle manufacturer.
Algae, moss and mold can shorten the lifespan of any roof and detract from your homes curb appeal. The Soft Wash treatment kills these forms of fungus on contact and is the safest way to eradicate these destructive microorganisms.
Our cleaning solution will eliminate all black/green algae stains at the time of application. An antifungal agent remains on the roof after our treatment to limit re-growth of these organisms. The treating of moss and lichens can be very time consuming. If not done properly, severe damage to your shingles may occur. Moss and Lichens take several years to attach and grow, therefore, forcing them to detach can cause serious damage to the shingles. Removal by brushing, scraping or pressure washing is never recommended and may void manufacturers’ warranties.
Our Soft Wash is guaranteed to last for 5 YEARS! Which means your roof should not have any new green re-growth for at least 5 years after the soft wash roof cleaning service has been completed. If anything should grow back, we will come back out and re-spray your roof free of charge.
Treating Moss and Lichens is a 3-part process. Since they took many years to
grow, they should not be instantly removed.
Step 1: (depending on the quantity and thickness): We may use a garden hose to
dislodge any large chucks of moss from the shingles.
Step 2: We treat your roof with our 100% biodegradable solution which will kill all
bacterial and fungal growth. At this point all algae, mold, moss and lichens will
turn white or light brown in color indicating that they have been killed.
Step 3: We allow nature to take its course and dislodge the remaining dead
material over time, usually 3-6 months, with a few good rains and wind. The
filament root structure will dry up and eventually lose their grip and be washed or
blown off the roof.
Letting nature aid in the process saves you hundreds of dollars and is safer for